Sunday 10 January 2021

Trying not to loose our Christmas sparkle...

The latest lockdown is upon us, the new variant of Covid-19 is reeking havoc in East Anglia, the girls school is closed and the world of not going out is back as a fixture of family life until at least mid February. The girls have completed their first week of remote learning, Mrs Hammond is zoom teaching and I can already see the frustrations setting in. It's so very hard for teenagers to not wish or want for something vastly different in their lives other than this. A new year has asked them to dig deep and find more resilience. I know they can. I know that by spring there will be an emerging different picture that will begin to restore some 'normal' childhood opportunities. As sad as I am about this loss, having to work out in homes where the new variant is causing so much worry, ill health and sadly people passing away, I am glad that everyone in my house can't go anywhere. This lost time can be caught up. Other opportunities will be around the corner. New friendships, new adventures and one day hugs from friends. Dig deep my lovely family. Keep your Christmas sparkle and carry it into the shit show that is the start of this year with optimism and positivity xx   

No comments: