Saturday 24 May 2008

I am a lean mean parenting machine!

Sometimes parenting is about pure luck. Lucy loves television. I have no problem with this as the only thing she watches is Cbeebies or a DVD chosen by us. However in recent weeks she has developed an unhealthy obsession with Pingu and I mean weeks - she has not watched anything else. This morning I have broken the cycle! YES! YES! I have to confess I got lucky in the fact that the programmes on Cbeebies were ones that she likes, but I am still going to take the credit. Please don't get the impression that we simply stick our daughter in front of the television. She loves books, playing and many other things. But I have to take my hat off to the makers of Cbeebies programmes, because they are excellent and educational and she learns so much from them! They can simply give parents a well earned break and every parent needs a well earned break. Before my wife and I had a child I remember discussing that we would never put our child in front of the television for a break. WRONG! Any parent who says they don't do it simply to wind their head down is lying or extremely patient and deserves saint like status!
Thank God the Pingu thing is broken. It scares me - I am sure that it contains hypnotic and subliminal messages, perhaps from a religious cult or something....
Damn my triumph lasted about twenty minutes! Damn that religious cult! I am going to hunt them and their families down for eternity!! AHHHHHHHH! Pingu is back on! Parenting is sometimes simply a battle of wills and sometimes you loose.......Please see picture attached of Lucy's victory dance!

No comments: