Sunday 25 May 2008

Damn that hallucinogenic apple!

There are many experiences we take for granted as adults that simply do not phase us. Children have so many new experiences on a daily basis that they have to work out and understand. They often rationalise them in the most lovely and entertaining way. Today Lucy met her Granny Carol's identical twin sister Ce and simply stated 'it's another Granny!'

We have had a lovely day today. Typical bank holiday weekend - raining. Lucy and I had a fabulous time splashing in the puddles and getting really wet whilst shopping in Norwich. Earlier blogs alluded to the fact that I need to concentrate on the more serious side of parenting instead of buffoonery, however that was just too good an opportunity to waste. I particularly enjoyed the disapproving looks that came from elderly and middle class shoppers as they passed by. Bite me, I am an irresponsible parent and it was great fun!! One of the joys of being a parent is being able to share a moment like that with your children. I don't suppose Lucy will remember it, but I know I will.....

Amy confessed to me in the car today that she is starting to get nervous about the birth in six weeks or so. Me too. I am in awe of women during child birth. Lucy's birth was very difficult and I can understand why she is anxious. The worry of being a parent is there even before they are born. I am a bit of a control freak and I recall feeling so helpless during Lucy's birth. I wish that there was something more that I could do. All I want is my wife and baby to come through the birth safely and well. They mean so much to me and watching it all unfold before you and not being able to do a thing is frightening. I am keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well.

No comments: