Monday 23 June 2008

Let the battle rage on!

Make no mistake I continue to be in a parental war and my considerably skilled foe is a two year old with cute, stropping and bundles of energy as her weapon. I will prevail. I will fight her at bath time, I will fight her when the telly is on, I will fight her when I need her to do something, I will fight her when she won't hold my hand - there are many battlefields and I am skilled on every terrain. Technically I am exaggerating on the range of my skills, I do my best. The last few weeks have been a real battle and I don't feel I am making head way. Some moments can be very funny though, as Lucy was on the living room floor this evening using a stropping tactic and Amy said - 'where's my good Lucy gone, where's my good Lucy gone.' Lucy perked up, pooped her head up like a ferret and kept saying. 'I am here Mummy, I am here Mummy.' And the strop stopped immediately.
This evening in the yard, I am afraid I must confess to having wind. Whilst letting rip I proceeded to blame my wife. Lucy agreed and told Mummy she was stinky and instantly took my part that I would never be capable of such habits! Finally I have an ally in the house.....

No comments: