Friday 11 July 2008

Being mum ...

I hope you don't mind (materialistic buggy buying wife has invaded my blog) but I thought I would write a little bit on being mum.
The last 9 months have been pretty tough for me and I felt so tired and sluggish for most of the pregnancy. I did hardly anything with Lucy as I just didn't have the energy, consequently she is now addicted to anything on the telly!
Now, after having Anna, I finally have some get up and go! Even though sleep is lacking, it is bliss to be able to get up off the sofa, sleep in any position I like, enjoy all food without acid reflux, get into my old jeans (!) ... the list is endless! And, most importantly, have time for my girls; run around with Lucy, sit her on my hip (I hadn't even noticed that I had stopped being able to do that) and my lap, do some gluing, read her a story without sounding completely out of breath ... I hope things can only get even better.
I wondered how I would feel about having another child. As I was going through the unbearable pain of childbirth I reminded myself how wonderful Lucy is and how exciting it will be to see another little being travel through life. The gorgeous eating/sleeping/crying/pooing Anna will become even more interesting as each day goes by. We even saw her eyes today for quite a few hours!
Finally, I must say a big thank you to my marvellous husband. He has been through a tough time watching me go through a tough time. Thank you for sticking with me x

No comments: