Friday 11 July 2008

The war rages on....

I have positioned my troops, briefed them on their duties, homed in on every possible parenting skill I might possess and I am going to win the war. Me and you Looby - lets get ready to rumble. I have had a pretty good nights sleep. I am vaguely refreshed and today is the day I make history and I win round one of 'The Toddler War!' I am learning a few tactics this week and they are paying dividends.
  • If you can't beat them, then hit the male stereotype and leg it down to your favourite pub. Cowardly I know, but the peace and quiet was amazing.
  • If they strike, ignore the toddler, do not give them the reaction they want.
  • Don't always offer choice, lack of understanding about choice can often lead to a severe case of stropping!
  • Play the fool - it can often provide a welcome distraction.
  • Always listen to your wife, even if you don't want to admit it, she usually talks sense.
  • Above all stay calm.

The list above indicates that I am a changed man. Not! But I am trying to learn and there has been considerably less conflict between me and the toddler. It was going well. Going well - until bed time and a very tired Lucy started kicking out. Never mind there have been many positives today. Best Looby moment today - armed with a torch she did an exceptionally good Blair Witch project impression. Tried to get a photo but failed.

Scrumptious Anna slept fairly well last night, we added two bottles to her night time feed. This is one hungry baby! She has had a lovely time on her play mat today and seems to be looking in the mirror. Baring in mind I am not sure about her ability to see.

No comments: