Thursday 10 July 2008

I know the more I muse, the more I contradict myself!

In May I made a very naive reference to the fact that I wished that I could go back to having an inanimate baby for just one day. Lucy had run me ragged on that day and I think I was tired. Now I am not so sure. Anna had another bad night and the family Hammond is shattered. One hundred percent cream crackered. Anna - when you read this. Please see picture attached. I know you can sleep. I know you can sleep. In fact she is spark out in the room next to me! The problem is settling her down at 10pm. She will settle at any other time in twenty four hours except this time. Tonight we are going to try a bottle and fill her up. Amazingly despite all this crying (and it is loud) Lucy does not wake up at all. My turn for the nightshift tonight, Amy needs some sleep and rest.
To add to our woes Lucy has decided to drop her sleep during the day and is slightly grumpy with it. Despite this we had a really good day. We went to mega fun and she had a lovely time with a girl called Jodie. Jodie was five and Lucy completely bossed her around! A little boy picked a fight with her and threw the ball pool balls at her. Looby replied with a powerful throw and hit him right in the nose. He promptly scuttled back to his father in tears. That's my girl. Get in there! This should be the way you treat men for the rest of your days.
Had a deliciously lovely cuddle with Anna for about half an hour this afternoon. She fell asleep on my shoulder and I loved every minute of it. There have not been many opportunities for this in the first week of her life and it was good to have this time with her.

No comments: