Thursday 17 July 2008

I wish the sun would shine!

Typical bloody British summer. It has been raining or really cold for most of this week. Today for example was simply miserable. Indoor activities have been the order of the day this week. It is really frustrating as my two weeks at home has nearly come to an end and I will have to go back to work. We have had good weather for just a couple of days out in nearly nineteen days that I have been off. Anna is so good during the day, so weather permitting we could have gone out and done some lovely things. I am deeply disappointed. Despite this, family life with two girls has been very tiring but amazing. Now I will have to come to terms with not being around quite so much. (Have not included the day Anna was born (which was beautiful) but we spent it in a stuffy hospital.) I do have to say we are knackered. Lucy is active and needs a lot of focus and stimulation and Anna is still awake at night. Lucy still remains the only person in our house who actually gets a decent nights sleep!
This week has seen a great improvement in Lucy and how she behaves around us. The hitting out has virtually stopped, but I am not going to talk it up. We have worked hard to ensure that she has had so much attention and included her with what we do with Anna. She simply loves Anna, at times she can be overenthusiastic! Anna continues to sleep, feed, fart (she has a delightful windy smile that comes from the corner of her mouth), scream and go really red when she gets angry, sleep more and then wake up when we don't want her to!

No comments: