Sunday 13 July 2008

A lovely family day out. Simple as that!

The family Hammond has had a simple yet lovely day out. There is no other way of describing it. We took Lucy swimming and by the end she really was enjoying it. We have been very neglectful of teaching her to swim and she is not at all confident in the water, but today she came on leaps and bounds. I did have a heart in mouth moment as she slipped and went face down in the water, emerged with no tears and went and told her mummy she had been a brave girl. Please see photo attached - note the missing bikini bottoms, they were too big and had fallen down by this point. The rest of the day was spent hanging out with tourists in Sheringham - jewel of the Norfolk coast (or is that Cromer) - we ate fish and chips, giggled, relaxed in the sunshine, ate ice cream and sprinkles, threw stones into the sea, my wife breast fed Anna in front of an army of northern tourists (mainly elderly men who were transfixed! It must be a generational thing), played animal snap in the shade and just all spent quality time together. I can't wait until Anna gets bigger and can play an active part in the general silliness and family life. I am not sure that I can remember a more special day in a long time with my family. Simple. Days like this is what life is all about. Me and my girls..........

No comments: