Sunday 24 August 2008

A few days of severe parenting contrasts....

The last few days have had their ups and downs to say the least! Anna has gone from being severely unsettled to a calm and relaxed baby in a matter of days. There have been evenings this week where we have been exhausted trying to find the right buttons to press simply to just get her to go to sleep. Days went by and we did not sit down to relax or unwind. This weekend she has chilled, spent time awake and has been calm and let us both have some sleep. Forgive me Anna for the scrunched up face picture to the left, my only defense is that I did not take it! Lucy has turned into a potty goddess - we have had multiple wees and even poos. I still can't get over how proud of her I am for this. I am odd on many levels. She has been like the 'Duracell bunny' this weekend and has run, and run, and run, and run.. Today she has discovered a passion for cooking and made pizza and pudding with her mummy. Both the tasting and the mess were the highlight for her. I have to say she makes a bloody good pizza, even if it was unnecessary to literally pummel the ingredients into the dough!

No comments: