Tuesday 14 October 2008

Proud dad!

Amy has been poorly this week, so I have been tasked with the responsibility of taking and collecting Lucy from nursery. I have really enjoyed it. We have walked to nursery hand in hand and chatted away. Lucy waved to cars and politely said good morning to everybody. I have to say I have been beaming with pride. The walk home has been entertaining as Lucy when questioned about her day would not reveal anything and then bit by bit started to tell me about her friends and the staff. I never thought I would be pleased to receive a gift of painted pine cones, but life can take all kinds of twists and turns! On Sunday I had the girls on their own, I was very nervous, but I have to say I think it went well. Anna and I are still getting to know each other and I wasn't sure what cry meant what. She seemed happy. We did have a tea party - pictures to follow. High excitement in our house, two more days to go and the Looby chick is three! Lucy has been telling people for weeks with a parrot like phrase she learnt from somewhere. 'I am three on October 17th, it's my birthday! Yea!' I cannot believe my girl is going to be three, things like school will be looming soon. Life passes us by so quickly and I need to make sure I don't loose this time with my girls. I know I will get tearful and emotional.....

No comments: