Monday 6 October 2008

Parenting in a nutshell....

This blog is never consistent. Being a dad to Lucy and Anna is the best 'job' in the world. When I post issues or details of events they can be both amazing and negative and frustrating. Watching them grow and develop is pleasurable and painful. Lucy for example can make me beam with pride or frustrate the hell out of me. I guess that sums up parenting in an nutshell. No matter what happens I love them and am proud of my family. Attempting to balance other aspects of my life such as work can wear me out and when I get home and the girls are both tired; it can be hard. Because with Lucy in particular a tired toddler means a difficult toddler. Toddlers are also very egocentric and they won't recognise that you have had a bad day or are feeling stressed. Compromises are difficult to find. I am going to be living with three women so I better get used to it!! Despite this, I have been spending the day thinking how lucky I am and that I would not change anything for the all the cash in the world and I truly mean that. Please see picture attached of my family and I love them all.

No comments: