Friday 6 February 2009

Still poorly and still smiling...

This week has been about supporting the girls through feeling poorly and the nightmare that is juggling children and work. Anna has been remarkable - a heavy cold and conjunctivitis and she is still smiling. She may just be showing us her resilience and personality and I look forward to more of that calm and passive nature. Plenty of cuddles needed this week and she got them, and more and more, and more..... Looby however, when she feels poorly takes weeks to get back on track - she can be bossy, grumpy and then loving and clingy all in the same minute. God knows what she will be like as a hormonal teenager. I will worry about that in a few years. You simply can't escape fate!! Despite a difficult week, it has been lovely to be able to help them both through feeling poorly and simply trying to be a good dad. Amy is amazing and calm with the girls and shows me up for the novice I am. I don't know how she does it. Anna has had eye drops this week and has screamed when we put them in - I could not even bring myself to help. I hate things being put in my eyes, ears and mouth. I simply bottled it with the eye drops. I know a parent should put their children first, but in this case I draw the line....Sorry Anna. At last my genious wife has worked out how to put a video on the blog via utube. Enjoy - it's fantastic.

No comments: