Sunday 22 February 2009

Sunday is a family day...

Sunday is indeed and always should be a family day. Lucy woke up this morning with such excitement realising that her cousins Evie and Tilda were coming to lunch. She has been on cloud nine all day. They have played, giggled, jumped, run, made mess (and lots of it!) and eaten us out of house and home - pretty good day if you ask me. We had a fabulous meal cooked by Amy with the most amazing Orange and Rhubarb cake for pudding and all the girls were brilliantly behaved. It was lovely to have so many smiling children at our table. Anna has not fared so well today. She is teething and really struggling. Living purely on a diet of drugs and cuddles. Sounds good to me! Family days such as today do have consequences. Lucy was shattered and grumpy beyond belief this evening. I'm shattered - all that mess in my anally tidy world can be very stressful. I now have a plan - children in bed, kettle on, telly on, watch slow paced Sunday evening telly such as antiques roadshow and hopefully be asleep on the couch by 8.30pm at the latest....Lucy as you can see is already one step ahead of me!

No comments: