Tuesday 3 March 2009

Crawling, giggling, stropping and cursing!

The amazing Anna has started crawling, she clocked up about two and a half metres last night. I was so proud. She is progressing so well - confident with her sitting up, good communication noises, eating very well (accept fish), she loves 'in the night garden' and playing with colourful toys, she is always smiling and giggling away. I spent a fantastic fifteen minutes with her munching on puffed wheat whilst watching telly last night, bliss. She also completely adores her sister, who in turn adores her. Lucy on the other hand continues to give me a really hard time. My attempts to spend quality time with her on Sunday did work on a temporary basis, for the duration of our trip out, but it has been business as usual since our return. She is stroppy, opinionated, challenges everything I say or ask her to do. It is really getting me down. I will keep going and try not to take it personally. It is amazing that a three year old has nearly driven me to tears on several occasions in the last few days. Who ever said parenting was going to be easy. She is challenging her boundaries with me and we are learning much about our relationship. I know she is a good girl and we will find our way again. I know I can be a good dad.

No comments: