Sunday 19 April 2009

I wonder what all the fuss was about!

Lucy has been a gem this week since I wrote last Wednesday. She has been polite, helpful and a joy to be with. OK, she has gently been persuaded by the phrase 'Only good girls go downstairs after bath time'. Downstairs means telly, toys, books and a bed time drink. My wife is a parenting goddess and I cannot take any credit. Looking at the pictures of the girls with their cousins enjoying life to the full I resigned myself to the fact that maybe it was just me and I simply took life too seriously. These young, beautiful and smiling faces do have a point! I analyse Lucy and Anna too much and I expect too much from them both at such an early age. So I must chill out and enjoy them every day for every minute. I have stopped imposing my stress onto Lucy at bath time and not rushing her and low and behold the results are suddenly positive. I must learn to be a chilled out dad, not tense and anal dad! Nightime scores: dry nights 26 wet nights: 3 Get in there girl. Well done Lucy!

No comments: