Tuesday 7 April 2009

The one with the grumpy girl, the dodgy foot and the fluffy yellow cuddle monster!

An eventful week in the Hammond household. Being a parent to Lucy is definitely a roller coaster. The first point to mention is that grumpy Lucy has returned, particularly when it is time to get dressed! Maybe it's because of her creative side. This young lady makes and ices a wicked cake. Please see picture attached. She is very bright and is constantly trying to exert control onto a situation, she is refining her understanding of the impact of choice and I think there is a long way to go! Things just end in tantrums and agitation and that's just me I am talking about. This week I damaged the ligaments in my foot, Lucy felt that once the frozen peas had reduced the swelling I was now free to wait on her and adhere to her every whim. 'It's not bleeding daddy, you are ok now'. My house is awash with sympathy and understanding! Her imagination just grows and grows. This weeks new guest in our house is the fluffy yellow cuddle monster. I have not actually seen him yet but I am assured that he is a pleasant chap! At least Lucy tells me so. Update on the nights: dry nights 15 wet nights 2. Now that is a scoreline to be proud of..

No comments: