Sunday 17 May 2009

The one with the eighteen hyperactive toddlers...

Oh my God. Oh my God. My head, my ears and my nerves are yet to recover. Today I spent three hours at mega fun with Lucy for a children's party. There were tears, much screaming - screaming so loud it could wake the dead, a lot of food with hyperactive inducing e-numbers, some of the drinks the children were consuming were worryingly blue and there were several bumps and bruises. Never again, please spare me from such torment as a parent. I am completely exhausted, emotionally and physically worn out. Lucy had a great time and there were several occasions when I was so proud of her. Months and months of nagging by Amy and myself led to her being the only child that asked whether she could get down from the table and she was full of pleases. Well done Looby. This she contrasted with several long periods of high pitched screaming with her friends and running around like a headless chicken. The peak of my enjoyment was when she told me to sit down and wait whilst she and her friends went to play in the ball pool. I tell you, parental respect is rife in my house!

No comments: