Saturday 16 May 2009

I think I am slowly getting this parenting thing!

I have slowly managed to chip away at Lucy in the last week or so and am working out strategies that mean good behaviour at bath time and afterwards. So far so good. Armed with a piece of paper and a printing stamp, courtesy of the ever amazing parenting god that is my wife. Lucy gets to put a stamp on the paper for every item of clothing that she takes off or puts on. Simple, but highly effective. I have added my own little twist, with silly faces and towel jumping to finish the process off to perfection. Why I can't come up with such simple ideas is beyond me, it's like I have a missing parental gene at times. Have just told a friend that is heavily pregnant that once you become a parent your brain goes to total mush, the question I am asking myself is 'was it ever there!' Amy has left me in charge today. At present it is going well. Anna is asleep and Lucy is nearly asleep on the couch watching 'Annie'. About every twenty minutes she wakes and develops musical turrets syndrome and blurts out an out of tune chorus of 'the sun will come out tomorrow.' My ears can testify that my eldest daughter does not have the voice of an angel....
Great one liner from Lucy last night: she got off the toilet, proudly looked in the bowl at her poo and said 'Looking good!'

No comments: