Sunday 21 June 2009

Quite simply a joy being a dad...

Today was Father's day and it was a cracker. The girls bought me a fantastic gift of a Hammock. Due to my practical ineptness, I am yet to put it up. Ironic that they gave me a present that gives me somewhere to relax away from the noise they generate! Lucy has been in fine form today - referring to her mummy as a silly muppet in the car was her peak! She has delighted us with some excellent one-liners today that also included (in a whisper) - 'daddy don't you think party bags are really good'?? At the time we were talking about staying quiet as not to wake Anna, certainly not parties. A lovely Father's day lunch was followed by a strawberry picking session on the coast. Anna delighted us with yet another public exploding nappy whilst eating cake and drinking tea, after a hilarious game of hunt the pine cone in which she giggled and giggled. She is still teething. I have never got the connection between teething and getting a sore bottom, but it happens and I cannot for the life of me think of a satisfactory explanation. Answers on a postcard to 'confused parent' please. Anyway - a really special day. So thank you to all my girls (including the delectable and edible Mrs H) for a lovely day. Lucy - mental note please - if you truly love your father, please do not kick him in the testicles again, it kind of hurts a little!!

No comments: