Sunday 12 July 2009

The one with the shakey start, the baptism, the rubber duck and the lovely family day..

What a fantastic day. I am shattered, but one I will always remember. I feel so proud. The day of the girls christening started off slightly shakily - Lucy threw up at 6am having guzzled a tad enthusiastically on a drink and I sat on the toilet, picked up a magazine to read and out popped a mouse and ran down my groin and leg! Damn that bloody cat! I started to get the feeling that the day was not going to go well. Despite this, the girls were brilliant and it was an amazing day. Anna particularly enjoyed the section of the service near the font and Lucy's comment on whether we should get the rubber ducks out tickled me pink! I really felt part of something amazing today, something amazing called my family. All this was followed by a delicious lunch and then frolics in the paddling pool back at our house, with cousins in tow. I did find my thoughts straying towards my foster parent, Doris, who passed away over ten years ago, I do hope that she would be proud of my family and how far I have come....

No comments: