Tuesday 12 January 2010

Snow, snow go away - come again another day...

The snow is finally going much to Lucy's disappointment. She has loved it. I have to say the daily walk to nursery has become a trudge in the slush and the mud. The delightful Mrs Hammond has generously given me a few days off this pleasurable parental experience and I am now refreshed for the morning. Lucy declared that every day should be a snow day this morning. I strenuously disagree. There are weeks when my job takes me away from my family and this has certainly been one of those, when I have not seen my girls. After a weekend of weather related power cuts that caused me to virtually be up for three days solid supporting work, I am afraid I have been short on parental patience and time. Having had the day off today, I look forward to being in better humour this week and spending some quality time with the girls at the weekend. The problem is that when you are utterly exhausted, this has no barring on the girls and their wish to do things with you. They simply don't seem to notice that you are knackered. This week Lucy begins her swimming lessons, after a weather related false start last weekend and Anna's new word of the week is 'bubble' and a fully articulated 'Daddy'. Am very pleased with this indeed...

No comments: