Sunday 28 February 2010

Thank god somebody can cook....

There is one very real weakness in my parenting skills that really needs discussion and that is my complete lack of ability to feed my girls anything other than a cheese and mayo sandwich and a packet of crisps. The healthy diet that they eat is something that I only Amy can take the credit for. The reason I bring this up today is that I came to the harsh realisation that Lucy is a more skilled cook than I will ever be. A four year old, for god's sake! Armed and dangerous, with Lucy in her chef's getup, Lucy and Amy concocted the most amazing meringue today, complete with blueberries, strawberries and lashing of cream. Ummmmmm! I am simply a consumer, not a creator and that's the way it is going to stay. Anna, who has had a really difficult week with her teeth, chilled out on the sofa on a lazy Sunday morning whilst this culinary genius took place in the kitchen. Anna, when fit and well has probably got more skill in the kitchen than I have as well.....

No comments: