Friday 26 February 2010

They do make presumptions....

Got a new job this week. Am really delighted. I have been appointed an acting regional manager and have been given the opportunity to prove myself over a period of months. I am so proud of this and if I can do well it will have such a positive impact on our lives as a family if I can secure a permanent contract. Fact: I am am smoker and a non driver. Now Lucy has now made the association that all smokers can't drive. As well as the constant nagging she inflicts on me about my smoking, she also thinks I am a non driving Muppet. Right then Lucy Hammond, the battle is on on two fronts. Firstly I am going to learn to drive, then I will give up smoking. I am deeply proud of this new work opportunity, but if I can do these two things they will be so important to my family. So watch this space and here I go, if only to prove Lucy wrong! Lucy - tip about your Daddy - as the years go by you will learn. Never lay down the gauntlet to me, as then I will get stubborn and have a go to prove you wrong and that's a promise....She looks a bit worried doesn't she?

No comments: