Sunday 20 June 2010

My two hundred comes up!

There is no more prefect day to celebrate my two hundredth post on my blog about family life than Father's day. Sadly our camera is broken, so no photos to show for my lovely day, so I will celebrate with photos of all things Crochet made by Amy. Amy has crocheted everything including bracelets which the girls love. I started my day with a lie in (heaven), followed by presents in the guise of port and home made biscuits and some lovely cards from the girls, a coffee with friends and lunch out with my family, followed by much silliness in the park and playing on bails of straw. Simple stuff but makes you feel good, very good indeed. Fathers day means several things to me, firstly it is a day of pride and love and reminds me how lucky I am but also of sadness that I never spent any time with my father. Having a father is so important in a child's life - they teach you, they protect you, they nurture you, they show you what is right and wrong, but most of all they make you feel safe. I never had that, but I can make it happen for my girls and make sure that I am always there for them. Always. I had to finish father's day being a real dad when Lucy was very naughty at our neighbours house and I had to be stern dad. Oh well, back down to earth with a bump....

No comments: