Saturday 3 July 2010

The birthday girl who decided to become independent..

I cannot believe that we have celebrated Anna's second birthday this week. I know it is a cliche but it only seems like yesterday I held her in my arms for the first time. Anna turned two on Thursday and then immediately decided that she did not need any help with anything any more! Phrase of the week is without a doubt - 'I can do it!'. She has grown up so much in recent weeks it is very hard to keep up with the pace of her development and independence. Now armed with her own Barbie Bistro table, chairs and brolly (thank you Libby!?!) she is the height of adult sophistication and is determined to show it! She has had loads of pressies and lovely cards that show me just how lucky we are to have such a loved young lady. She charms the pants off anybody that she meets and leaves an indelible mark! Tomorrow we continue the celebrations and head to Chelsea-on-sea (Burnham) for lunch. A venue that is indicative of her new found sophistication. She can however back out of all this with one simple phrase - 'I am not a big girl anymore!' and then she just needs a parental cuddle and a story and the stress of modern independent life just simple fades away. Well perhaps after a warm milk as well....

No comments: