Sunday 4 July 2010

Every day should be a birthday celebration....

We have continued the birthday celebrations today and we had a cracking day, not even the worst service I have ever received at a pub could dampen my spirits. Anna received more lovely gifts and we spent the afternoon lazing in the Norfolk sunshine, eating lunch and fabulous birthday cake (thank you Mrs Hammond!) with friends. Even Lucy managed to collect a few pressies this weekend for what can only be described as her half birthday. I think she had more than I did on my proper birthday last year. Best present of the day was by far 'The evil Dr Porkchop' from Toy Story 2 - class, pure class. We finished off with coffee, Emma Bridgewater china and strawberry picking on the coast in more glorious sunshine followed by tea in the yard in even more glorious sunshine. Anna's t-shirt this morning summed the day up - 'Life is great and I am happy'. This weekend I have been very thoughtful and reflective of how lucky I am as a colleague and friend of mine fights for her life in hospital following a car crash and I am reminded once again that all this could be quickly taken away from me in an instant, so I must enjoy it and always embrace family life. I am beaming with pride to have my special family and the joy they bring me, a beautiful wife and friends who share in the joy of my children and family...

No comments: