Friday 23 July 2010

An unexpected treat!

I have just spent a magical hour or two with Anna on our own and it transported me back to a lovely time with Lucy when she was two and the parental dilemma about sharing your time equally between your children and ensuring they both get your attention, time and love was not prevalent. Lucy and Amy have headed up to the coast to celebrate Auntie Kate's birthday and Wiggle, who has had a hell of a week and is very tired stayed at home with me. It turned out to be the best bit of quality time I have ever spent with Anna. First we watched the Gruffalo with Milk and biscuits and a cuddle, followed by a very splashy and giggly bath, then bouncing on the bed and much giggling and tickling, followed by dancing and chatting through the night garden and lastly into bed for a Miffy story and funny kisses and splats on our cheeks. What a fantastic couple of hours that has left me with a beaming smile on my face. Thank you Anna, just what I needed and so unexpected. P.S I also passed my driving test on the first attempt this week! Next step I need to honour a promise to a very persistent four year old about trying to quit smoking.....

No comments: