Saturday 14 August 2010

Just me and the Looby chick hanging out...

It has been a really long time since Lucy and I spent time with each other just on our own and I have missed that time with her so much. Today we got that opportunity and I even let Oddball tag along! As a parent you can get swallowed up in day to day routines such as you come home from work, your children are tired, you're tired; it just becomes bath time, story then bed and its all a bit stressful. Today was slow, not hurried, simple and lovely time with one of my girls. No stress - just me and Lucy. We chatted about school, pink things, played games, went to a summer fair, met a celebrity who Lucy asked 'who are you, I have never seen you on the telly!' (Marlene from Only Fools and Horses) watched a Punch and Judy show, face painting, a picnic lunch and way, way too many sweeties! She was polite, happy, gave me plenty of cuddles and I was so proud of her. A world away from our usual daily battles at the end of a long day with getting her to do as she is told when she is tired. Thanks Looby Chick for a lovely day.
P.S Strange things are happening in my house and I am confused. My wife has become domesticated in under a week. I just wonder what she wants. All will be revealed I am sure...

No comments: