Sunday 5 September 2010

A birthday treat for Grandma!

Grandma turns the ripe old age of eighty tomorrow and to celebrate a large section of the family gathered for a meal, a cake, presents and a general catch up and what a lovely family gathering it was. It was a long party and I was so proud of my girls who were impeccably behaved amongst a lot of people and noise. They were patient, polite and their manners were excellent. They charmed many people in the pub today and were rewarded with chocolate ice cream for their endeavours. Lucy found it very difficult to fathom how old being eighty actually is and could only come up with the sentence 'Grandma is very, very old!' I think she looks fantastic and if I look that good at eighty I will be very pleased indeed. Here she is pictured mastering the new technology of the cordless phone system that she was given for her birthday. Despite this modern gadgets she still manages to cut me off when speaking to me several times a week! She is such an important part of the girls lives and it was lovely to share in her big day. After all my girls are part of the legacy that she helped to build. It was a good family gathering today, I enjoyed people's company and I felt a big part of a wider family and that realised I do indeed have many people in my life that mean a great deal to me, even though I am not genetically connected to them. Happy Birthday Grandma...

No comments: