Wednesday 8 September 2010

My baby girl is now a school girl!

Lucy will never forgive me for calling her my baby girl as she is always telling me that she is a big girl but to me she always be my baby girl. She has started school this week and is taking every day in her stride. She does not seem worried at all - it is Amy and I who have been a nervous wreck and tearful! I have been desperate to take a photo of her in her uniform and it just makes me smile all day. I am so proud of her and she is fed up with me telling her. 'Oh Daddy you tell me that every day' she said yesterday. May be I need to slow down a little and recognise that I am being a little over the top! Please also see Lucy's first ever piece of home work that we received early last week and it took us five days to get her to do. That does not bode well for the future at all! Please also see a highly excitable Amy pictured modelling all Lucy's new school kit. Please note the chequebook in the background as the endless cycle of sending money to school for lunches and bits and bobs begins! Lucy I have to say it again - I AM SO PROUD OF MY BABY GIRL! Lucy is normally very secretive about new things, but she has not stopped talking about what she is doing and her new teacher. I don't want to tempt fate, but I am so pleased and reassured by the start she has made. However, it could still go pear shaped yet. Since the early blip with homework she has sat down diligently with Amy and read her books with enthusiasm. Well done Looby chick!

1 comment:

jellydognyc said...

OMG she looks so grown up. You have every reason to be proud of her she is amazing. I am so glad she is having a good time, i remember chasing her up and down the lounge at olivia close before she could walk my god where has time gone.This is just the start of a new amazing adventure that i know you and Amy will guide her though with much love and support she is so lucky to have such great parents. Good luck Lucy loo ENJOY, XXX LOVE YOU LOTS