Saturday 27 November 2010

The month of Movember!

November (Or Movember as it is now known as I have been sporting some very dodgy charity facial hair) has been a month of varied experience, especially in the parental stakes. Firstly - it's snowing and lots! A little unexpected and less than fun. Although the girls would disagree. There is a delightful innocence in childhood that means they pay no attention to the practical things during snowy weather, like whether 'you can get the car out' or 'oh god I hope the boiler does not break down!' Both girls have been up to there old tricks this week with some great statements:
  1. Anna - going through the motions in an imaginary conversation on the phone with Lucy's school teacher accidentally called her a bitch. I think the word she was looking for was beach. Her sentence forming is coming on, but she missed a few words out that made it hilarious!
  2. Lucy had a rumbling tummy the other day (it was very noisy) - she looked at me and said 'Daddy I just don't know what to do with my rumbling tummy to make it stop. I have had a poo, some shreddies and I have even looked up at the ceiling and it still won't stop!'
  3. Lucy - 'Daddy did you know that Father Christmas is on Facebook! Cool!'

Lovely moments with my girls. The downside of parenting is situations like last night when Anna was violently sick and I spent last night and today doing the washing that resulted from the several episodes of vomiting and what a distressing experience it was for her. She just did not understand what was happening OR the fear I felt yesterday when I drove in the snow for the first time with the girls in the car and suddenly I felt so responsible for their welfare. Good days and bad days - the joys of being a parent! I wouldn't, however miss it for the world, not single bit of it....

No comments: