Saturday 20 November 2010

My house is a place of learning...

The girls just keeping learning and it amazes me every day. Anna has a practical ability that can only come from Amy as it clearly does not come from me! She tackles a problem head on and just goes for it. However at times her ability is tempered by toddler stropping and a genetic ability not to allow people to help her or show her anything. 'I do it' is a regularly used phrase. Lucy simply loves learning at the moment - her letter recognition, reading and writing is going from strength to strength, as is her 'well done' sticker collection. She proudly came home the other day with a good manners certificate and got to sit on the special table at lunch at school. A kudos that is high in the life of a five year old I am told. I can feel a parental gibbering wreck moment coming on in the next few weeks, as Lucy has been chosen to be Mary in her school Christmas play, god I hope she doesn't have to sing! I am simply just going to cry and cry. Who cares she is my little girl. Amy and I did not believe her for several days, which is really bad I know. It's not that we felt she was lying, just maybe not leading lady material. Only time will tell. Lucy is one of those human beings who loves music and dancing with a real passion but is not necessarily blessed by an abundance of talent! Never the less we love you Looby Chick and we are so excited about your play....

No comments: