Sunday 19 December 2010

The season of good will to all man..

Not in my bloody house it isn't! The younger section of the Hammond family have been foul today. Grumpy, unreasonable, belligerent, noisy, unsettled and fighting for most of the day. I think that the impact of such a long first term at school and nursery finally kicked in and Amy and I bore the brunt. Although there was a significant shift in excitement levels as the tree went up which signaled the beginning of the festivities. The only thing putting the damn thing up brought from me was much swearing and profanities! As my practical nature kicked in and the tree had the angle of the leaning tower of Piza; my patience dwindled and my temper grew. Anna won the prize for 'Hammond with the worst temperament' today by a country mile with my good self coming a close second...A delightful family Sunday. NOT!

No comments: