Thursday 27 January 2011

Battling a clever and bright toddler..

After last weekend's events when Anna did not like her daddy - she moved on from there and the battle of attrition began. She has skillfully moved up a 'toddler' gear and then that's when the screaming began and lots of it. She has been desperate all week to exert her independence and control on every situation. I have never been very good at dealing with the terrible twos and I find all the tantrums, drama and screaming very stressful. After a few very bad evenings and mornings I have managed to find a way past my angst and seem to be getting through to Anna and finding ways to deal with the inevitable behaviour and pushing of boundaries. In short, I have started to learn how to toughen up. She is still not sure about me at the moment as I have made it my mission to stop the toddler behaviour and try and teach her that there are positive ways to influence people and what goes on around you. I am not very good at this kind of stuff with our girls and wish I had the confidence that Amy always seems to have and calmly deals with situations. I can feel deskilled and sometimes lack the insight to be consistent. I was delighted though when I began to positively change the course of the week and Anna's behaviour. Who said parenting was ever going to be easy? These kind of situations always come along when you are at your most vulnerable and most tired. From the beautiful picture attached, any reader must be wondering what all the fuss is about......

No comments: