Thursday 3 February 2011

So far so good...

Amy has been away this week and I have been looking after the girls on my own for a few days. Now this is something that normally ends in disaster. I do not want to tempt fate but so far it is going swimmingly and I am disaster free. Now I have gone and said it and I am sure that all hell will break loose tonight! Actually, as I am typing the signs are there where both girls are extremely tired and short on willingness to comply. Who am I kidding, none of the Hammond family are ever compliant, it simply in our nature to be stubborn and awkward. I have really enjoyed this time with the girls on my own. We have not done anything fancy as they have been at school and nursery most of the day, but bath time, homework (managed to get Lucy to do some without nagging her), watching a movie with an ice cream and story time have been lovely and most of the time they have done as they are told. One slight note though girls, please understand that I do not have the ability to be in two places at once! I am a man......

No comments: