Monday 28 February 2011

Snowdrops, mud and poo sticks!

I spent a really nice Sunday morning with the girls and our neighbour Libby in the February sunshine walking in the Abbey grounds in Walsingham. In the spirit of the Sunday trend that the family Hammond needs more fresh air and sunshine we left Amy studiously planning the weeks teaching ahead and set out for a mild mannered adventure of sorts. I had not bargained on so much mud and the neurosis that it would bring me; concerned that the children would cover my new car in vast amounts of mud I was obsessed with trying to get their wellies clean whilst we walked. Never the less it was a bracing and enlightening walk. The girls learnt how to play poo sticks for the first time and Lucy tried her hand at using the camera. Lucy is mastering technology at such a scary speed. The other day she turned on the laptop, fired up the Internet and got into the BBC iplayer and went to her favourite CBeebies programme and then pressed play! I was speechless and still am. Anyway I digress, our morning finished up with meeting Amy in the bistro for coffee, marshmellows and cream and a very competitive game of 'Scaredy cat'. A game which I surprisingly enjoyed. I know I am a sad man, but I was determined that my two year old daughter not beat me...

No comments: