Friday 25 February 2011

A pivotal week...

The Hammond girls have had a week of changes and pivotal things in their lives. Some changes they have responded to with grace and a smile, others they have instigated their right to protest strenuously! Anna began the week with a valiant attempt to go to bed without a nappy on, but sadly was not quite ready. We will try again in a few weeks. The girls both have new beds and are now sharing a room - lets just say there has been a mixed and emotional response to this so far. Lots of screaming, tears and stropping. Tonight they were much more settled and went to sleep quite quickly. Thank you. There is still quite a few things to sort out and we are converting Anna's old room into a playroom/study for us to use as well. No more toys and school clutter in my house everywhere - aah, a neurotic cleaning man's dream scenario! I am in heaven. I have to say, I put up quite a lot of resistance to the room change including my own version of a thirty something strop, but it does look delightful and they are very lucky girls indeed. I am concerned about them both having their own personal space, however it is pushing them very quickly into a fast track scheme to enable them to learn to share. That Mrs Hammond, she is quite a smooth operator you know. It definitely was not my idea...

No comments: