Saturday 12 March 2011

A family portrait..

Lucy has completed her first ever picture of us all (including the cat!) and written all our names under each of us. Take a really close look, as Lucy seems to have dropped the name 'mummy' and decided to call her Amy instead! I think I am looking pretty good. I am, however, delighted at how far she has come on since she went to school. Not only is she good with the written word, she is quite handy and opinionated with the spoken word too. For example tonight when I lent over to give her a bedtime kiss she said 'please can I have a nice kiss, not a sloppy one daddy and if you do not try your hardest you will have to do it again!' She is so curious and the constant questions she asks are just her way of wanting to learn and learn. She always wants to find out about more things - this week it has been driving safety, getting points on your licence, free range 'happy' eggs and how do farmers kill the chickens we eat. I answered most of the questions by giving her all the information accept the killing chickens question and I may have added in a water park and cinema in for the happy chickens laying eggs! Anna's spoken word has been intermingled with a good old fashioned barking cough this week. Her best line being the mixing up of the words 'work surface' which is now known as 'sork wurface!' or my other personal favourite 'that stupid thing is really stupid daddy?!?'

No comments: