Thursday 24 March 2011

A great welcome home...

I went away for work this week and you would have thought that I would relish two nights away in a posh hotel and peace and quiet. No, I did not sleep a wink and the person in the room next to mine snored like an elephant. The best bit of the whole experience was coming home and the welcome and cuddles that the girls and Amy gave me. Lucy would not let me go for minutes and minutes and when Anna finally worked out she had missed me, she pestered me and pestered me for hugs, kisses, flips and tickles. It was lovely.

The sun is out this week, the temperature has risen and Lucy has a spring in her step. Her one liners have returned and she is in top form. For example: ' Mummy - this chilli is delicious but it is poisonous!' Her school work has been fabulous this week and I must be boring the living daylights out of any reader as I keep mentioning it, but she really is doing well and her enthusiasm for learning rises and rises. We are all getting tired now and there is only a few weeks till the Easter holidays and I have time off with my family as well. Can't wait! A bit of rest, family time and sunshine and I too may have a spring in my step! Who am I kidding, the girls will wear me out. Should be fun though...

No comments: