Thursday 14 April 2011

Mixed holiday feelings..

The girls have enjoyed lots of things this week and I have loved being with them immensely. However, having now relaxed and slowed down, I find myself very tired and longing for some child free time just with Amy so I can remind her how much she is loved and that being my wife is special to me too. I also want to recharge my batteries. If I am honest, this week has been full of mixed feelings.


Anyway... Anna is delighted with her new safety hat for her bike, so much so that she has taken to wearing it inside. We have started a new family tradition this week and have set up the 'who can grow the tallest sunflower family competition'. I, of course will be the winner - perhaps with some secret chemical enhancement and I am contemplating sabotage that I will implement in the not too distant future (only kidding). The quality of the cake making in the house this week is exquisite and very tasty. This is not doing much for my waistline though. I have to say that I do not need any encouragement to eat sweet things and neither do the girls.


I feel a sense of sadness coming on, though, as I have to go back to work next week and will once again not see as much of my lovely family, but a bloke has got to earn a crust. Holidays and time off with my family are a double edged sword in the fact that I need a rest from the day-to-day grind and quality time with the ones I love just lifts my spirits. On the flip side, the fact that the girls are so busy and frankly quite exhausting, means that sometimes I also need a holiday from my children too! Amy and I work very hard and life can be a real struggle. Don't get me wrong, it is a struggle that I will always want in my life, as my girls are so special and make me feel amazing. Just sometimes you need a rest and time with your wife....

No comments: