Monday 11 April 2011

Spring time chilling and fun...

I am on holiday, the sun is shining and we have had a fantastic three days so far of fun and chilling out in the spring sunshine. The normal pace of life we have as a family has slowed and slowed as the days have gone on and I feel the most relaxed I have felt in years.

We went for a picnic and bike ride in Sandringham on Sunday. Anna went bonkers on her bike as she weaved through the picnic tables filled with frightened pensioners at break-neck speed, completely fearless and with a beaming smile on her chocolate covered ice cream face - she nearly took out at least a dozen people. I was not sure whether to beam with pride or worry.

We have had coffee at the bistro (several times with marshmallows and cream!), ice cream in Wells today, hill rolling, lunch out at our favourite pub in Burnham, digging the garden with the girls and planting seeds, hunting for worms, tea and more tea with our neighbour Libby in the yard in the sun and I even chilled out enough to have a beer! Proper family life instead of the hustle and bustle of the working week. The only downside is the Hammond weather curse has struck and the cold and rain sets in tomorrow. All good things come to an end...

P.S Lucy beat me 6 - 1 at 'shut the box' this morning in ruthless fashion and with an audience. I have no dignity left!

No comments: