Saturday 25 June 2011

Amazing! Simply amazing!

Without any prompting, help or encouragement Anna did something that could quite possibly be one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. She picked up Lucy's writing training cards, grabbed a pen and began to trace over the words with exceptional accuracy and skill. She has never done this before, never been encouraged to write and never shown an interest. I am no educational or developmental expert when it comes to children but I believe for a child who is not yet three that is simply wonderful. I am quite literally speechless. She is still doing it downstairs and has been doing this for about fifteen minutes and each word she traces gets better and better. The giggle as each card is completed is a noise I have never heard from Anna that conveys sheer excitement and love of life and I have to confess that the last fifteen parental minutes have been some of the most wondrous I have had so far. A tear is streaming down my cheek. Sheer emotion and pride. WOW! I know that Wiggle is bright but now I am worried! Not so much for Amy as Lucy has been putting her hair into a pony tail and there are lots of ow, oh and ah's coming from her mouth! Hairdressing may not be Lucy's chosen career....

No comments: