Monday 8 August 2011

Families can be expensive...

Especially mine! The three women in my life hunt as a materialistic pack and their leader is cunning, skilled and makes a very formidable adversary when it comes to spending money and generating further ideas on future purchases. This leader is my wife, she may be beautiful, but underestimate her at your peril and her apprentices are quite skilled too. Today we have been shopping for clothes for the Mrs and Lucy's school clothes and I feel like I really am missing an arm and a leg. There is a need for a new tent as ours is really not up to much and the birthday present orders are already coming in for October (the most expensive week of the year). Actually I am quite surprised they usually start coming in about May or June, the girls must be loosing their touch a tad! Lucy is upping the anti this year as she has asked for a Nintendo DS. I think she is ready for her first computer game and would love it, but god have you seen the price of those things and the games? How am I going to survive a lifetime financial commitment to the these highly skilled women without having a nervous breakdown? Only time will tell whether I have the resistance and the stomach for the fight. At the moment I am just about holding my own...

No comments: