Monday 29 August 2011

I am missing out, or so I thought....

I got the job! WOW! Having achieved my promotion and previously discussed the sadness of the potential of not spending time with Amy and the girls. This has already kicked in over the bank holiday weekend as I have frantically tried to wind down one job role and wind up another. I am, however extremely positive now about the opportunities this will bring for my family and feel very proud of what I have achieved. I really hope that in the future this will show my girls what hard work, dedication and commitment can bring you in life and that we all need to contribute to society and that is the only way to lead your life. Work hard and be a good person. I hope they will be proud of me and what I have achieved so far and in the future. This weekend the family Hammond went camping and I have made fleeting visits to the camp site in between nipping home and doing some work. I had a magical hour in the tent just chilling and chatting with Anna yesterday and a really nice time chatting away with Lucy in the early hours of Sunday morning after she ended up sleeping in our bed for the first time ever in her five years so far. Not that pleased that when she was asleep she ground her teeth. She then had the nerve to wake me up and tell me off for snoring having kept me awake for hours! I guess if I want to succeed and do really well in my new role as a member of senior management I will have to learn to really make the most of the time I have with my family and enjoy those little moments. The girls have crashed now and are fast asleep after all that fresh sea air and the adventure of camping. Quick note: Lucy - just checked on you and you were snoring!

No comments: