Monday 22 August 2011

A potential new opportunity brings sadness...

It has been a stupidly busy week or so since I went back to work and my time with Amy and the girls has been sparse at best. Four days elapsed last week and I did not see Wiggle as she was either away camping or asleep when I got home. Lucy wrote me a lovely note on the magic board telling how much she missed me when I came back from some time away. I have been very thoughtful about this as I have applied for a promotion and will know the outcome by Thursday this week. Whilst it will bring much opportunity for my family, the time I spend with them may well reduce and that simply makes me very sad indeed. What is the role of a father if it does not mean providing for your family and making that kind of sacrifice? However, as the day of the interview draws closer, it is the one thing that niggles in the back of mind and concerns me. The job carries a great deal of responsibility and to get this promotion would make me very proud. However, it has a sting in its tail and if successful, I am afraid that I am just going to have to learn to deal with it and fast as I will hit the ground running within the new role in about a week. Watch this space...

No comments: