Sunday 16 October 2011

Six of the best!

Tomorrow my baby girl is going to be six! I have decided to dig out my favourite photo so far of my Looby Chick and I fondly remember the pride I had in her that prompted me to start this blog several years ago and record our family life. She hasn't changed a scrap, maybe slightly less teeth. Now she is all grown up, complete with attitude and an answer for everything. On Friday evening I picked her up from her first school disco and she was so keen to show me how grown up she was. She was out after dark and bopping the night away and was really keen for me to meet all her friends. Today, we have celebrated her birthday as we will all be at school and work respectively in the morning. At Lucy's request we dined out for lunch with some of her very noisy pals and then all back to our house to trash it, make cakes and sneak in a few presents. Lucy was delightful as she was quick to tell her friends that they must include and help her little sister. All I can ask is Lucy - don't grow up too fast, I am enjoying being your dad way too much for it to go quickly. Enjoy your birthday tomorrow, I am truly sorry I can't be with you, but I have loved today even though you and all your friends communicate with each other at one volume. VERY LOUD!

No comments: