Friday 21 October 2011

Birthday week has been and gone...

I did not see much of the birthday girls at all this week. I think Amy and Lucy had good days but I didn't have much time with them to qualify that. Disappointingly, I did not get home in time to see Lucy open her presents on Monday evening although she did open her big present in the morning before I left for work and that drew me to tears. Based on that reaction, good job I was not around in the evening otherwise I would have been a mess! I felt very emotional about my little girl being six and growing up so fast. Amy had a chill out shopping day on her birthday and then fell asleep on the couch after a Thai feast, so did not really see her either! I was useless with her present and took the easy way out of giving her some money to go and do what she does best - spend! With work taking up more of my time at the moment. I really do miss all three of my girls. This family, as you can see, is lacking my presence and things are not quite right.....

No comments: