Friday 9 December 2011

A cheeky version of the nativity!

Went see Lucy's Christmas play today, it was delightful. I was so proud of Lucy for two reasons - firstly she had clearly worked hard and knew all the words of the songs and secondly she managed to overcome a really bad attack of the nerves. Lucy was a narrator telling the story with several others. When she came out she looked so worried and this was not helped by what happened next. Her first lines were delivered in front of about one hundred people and she clearly wobbled, but as she turned around to step off the reading box most people in the room saw her exposed bottom as her trousers were coming down! I did not know what to do with myself and I am so deeply ashamed that I burst into laughter. There were then tears and more worry from all concerned. I am not very proud of myself, but what she did next made me so proud of her. She lifted herself, got over it and then delivered her next two sets of lines to perfection and really enjoyed herself. Once we talked about it in the evening she managed to see the funny side as we told her she had the best bottom in Fakenham! Lucy, I know that you really do not enjoy being in the limelight, but you did great.

No comments: