Thursday 8 December 2011

Opening up secret worlds..

I have been on leave this week and it has really opened up my view of the world that my two children inhabit and what they enjoy. There are elements of their lives that Amy has seen so much of that I do not normally get to see when I am at work. My first lesson is how much they both enjoy spending time with us on their own as well as a family. Lucy is pictured here on a recent girlie shopping day with her mother, that she regularly refers back to with a glint in her eye. Having shared Wednesday with Anna and Amy, whilst Lucy was at school, it was a pleasure to see how much Anna enjoys being top dog without her big sister around and the benefit she is getting of that time alone with Amy. Having picked up Lucy from her rainbow's meeting and her dance class today, it was lovely to see the freedom she got from both of them. They were her experiences and she embraced them as her own and they are clearly is very important to her. I saw the girls swimming at their class last Saturday for the first time and was so proud of how well they were doing. Both were desperate to show me what they could do and probably underperformed as they tried to impress me. I think my presence was a little distracting! They have such a strong bond as sisters, but I have definitely learnt they are individuals who have things that are special to them and this week has opened my eyes a little...

No comments: